JNTU Management Science Question Paper Apr-May 2008
(Metallurgy & Material Technology)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. What is Maslow’s hierarchy of human needs? Explain. 
2. (a) Why does social responsibility become an important facet of management in the present times?
(b) How is it discharged? [8+8]
3. (a) What are the objectives of plant layout?
(b) Explain the factors influencing plant layout. [8+8]
4. (a) What are the costs associated with effective inventory control?
(b) How would you deal with them in modern management? [8+8]
5. What are the key functions of a Human Resource Manager? 
6. How does job analysis form the basis for job description and job specifications?
How does it help the personnel manager? 
7. How do you translate corporate vision into action? Explain with an example? 
8. A manufacturing company is planning to introduce a new product commercially. The list of activities to be carried out with the corresponding duration of time in weeks is listed below. 
Activity description duration immediate predecessor
A initial discussions 3 -
B product design 11 A
C market survey 9 A
D market evaluation 2 C
E product costing 5 B
F Sales plan 6 C
G Product pricing 2 D,E
H Prototype construction 11 F,G
I Market information preparation 8 B
J Prototype testing 9 H,I
Draw the network to represent various activities of the project, determine the minimum
duration of the project.